
As you likely know, our family is involved in "Bye Bye Birdie" which plays June 20, 21, 23, 25, and 26 at 8:00 p.m. at the Alder Amphitheater at SLCC's Redwood Road Campus. (Tickets are available at the door for $5.) Yeah, that's next week. We're really excited about this production: our cast is incredible, our director is insightful and so good, our music director is amazing, our pianist is unbeatable, the orchestra rocks.
We've made friendships that will last forever, and memories we'll cherish always. 
It's funny when this point in the show hits: the point where you want the production to be onstage because everyone's worked so hard that they deserve an audience now. There's a shadow over that, however... we will miss our friends so much. Despite our best efforts, people tend to drift apart once they move onto the next project. I so deeply hope that this is not the case in this show.

We have another big event next week: McKenzie goes to Girls' Camp. We've been so busy with the play that we haven't even begun to pack. It looks like this will be our project today (after the dentist...). More on that topic later.

So, it's off to make magic this week. Off to do our best to create positive experiences, memories, and friendships.
5 comments:
That's the great thing about blogging. You can keep in touch even when you don't see each other.
Please link to me! I already linked to you :)
Amen about the blogging - I'm so glad you talked me into it! There's no way I'm letting you get too far away from me, Ms. Maag.
Meanwhile, where did you get these photos? May I have some....?
I feel the same way...about the show as well as about blogging! At our cast party we should get an e-mail/blogging/facebook list going or something so we can all keep in touch!
You gotta love the knee-highs sitting right under my skirt! So, you will never be rid of me - whether you like it or not I will be right there every week.
Heehee, so many good friends :-) I love you, lady!
Post a Comment