Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Girls Camp

Dot just left for Girls Camp. Wow. This milestone is probably the most difficult one for me so far: she's not a little girl anymore. She's off to experience life and friends in the wilderness for four days--without any way to contact home.
I'm not worried that she won't have fun. I trust her camp leaders and Young Women's Leaders. I know she's getting a camp "big sister"... it's just such a huge step. I guess I haven't had the chance to let this whole Girls Camp thing settle in since we've been dealing with so much with "Bye Bye Birdie". I hope that she has a really great experience and that she knows how much she's loved.

2 comments:

Miss Megan said...

That is a big step! I hope Kenzie has a fun time, and that you are able to keep busy so you don't worry too much. You two just have such a fun relationship with each other -- I love you!

Erica said...

I remember it being hard on my mom as well as me. I enjoyed it, for the most part, but I missed being home. I think my family missed me too because I had a big "Welcome Home!" sign hanging in the garage and a clean room when I got home. :^)

I hope she has a blast!