Opening Night was fabulous! We had over 200 audience members there, including a Senior Congressman... and they loved the show, too! The energy was high, the songs were super, the jokes were well recieved, and the dancing rocked! I couldn't have asked for more from our awesome cast.
I am so in love with our cast! We have the most awesome cast of 60 any Production Team could ask for. We've grown together like a family: I will forever have a place in my heart for these highly talented people (that includes you, Wretchel!)!
The pleasure of working with Stephanie Johnson and Candice Jorgensen has been immeasurable. This is the first time I've worked with either lady, but I sincerely hope it is not the last. Candice is a new friend, and I just adore her. Her musical abilities simply astound me. She has a talent and knack for teaching, and the voice of an angel. I adore her. Stephanie Johnson and I have been friends since high school, but have not had the opportunity to work together until now (as I'm typing this, my eyes are filling with tears). I love her so much. Stephanie has been a true friend, a mentor, a wonderful "boss", and an exemplory director. It has been amazing to work with her and to see her creative genious at work.
If you didn't get the chance to see the show last night, please be sure to come by tonight, Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday. You'll thank me for the invitation later! The show is super entertaining, and you'll be happy you came. Oh! And we have a special treat tonight: it will be the only performance that our entire cast will be together onstage! Kenzie's been invited to perform tonight as a teen (her darling alternate will be Phyllis, but since Kenzie will be home and knows the entire show, Stephanie has invited her to be in the show!)!
Yay, Birdie cast!!!
4 comments:
It was a super fun show! I am glad I was there!
It was great to meet you! I hope we run into each other again. Liam would love your boys! McKenzie is cute just like Kate said... nice to meet her in pictures and I hope she is enjoyed camp!
we love you too!!!!!
Congratulations on a great opening weekend! Wish we could have been there to see it! Sent Kenzie's b-day present off today. Probbaly won't get there tomorrow, but tell her happy b-day anyway and look for it! Love you all!
Stephanie, you are amazing. Thanks for a life-changing experience with Bye Bye Birdie!!! And your children are just adorable! Thanks, Really ---
Post a Comment