A Real Dad listens, even when the game's on.
A Real Dad loves unconditionally.
A Real Dad teaches you to work and how to play.
A Real Dad tucks you into bed, and re-tucks after that second cup of water.
A Real Dad tells the boogie man and scary dreams to go away.
A Real Dad teaches you how to throw a ball, swing a bat, tag someone out, how to cope with losing the game, and celebrates when you win.
A Real Dad supports you when it feels like the world is against you.
A Real Dad snuggles you.
A Real Dad thinks you're the most beautiful person in the whole world, next to your mom.
A Real Dad knows that you're super smart, but teaches you to know when you're wrong.
A Real Dad doesn't spoil you rotten with things, but with love.
A Real Dad plays with you.
A Real Dad is your best friend.
A Real Dad is a hero.I am so blessed to have awesome Real Dads in my life: my own, my in-law, my sweetheart. Our family is fortunate to have supportive, loving head of our home. I learned so much from my own Dad and continue to learn from him still. I am grateful for Troy's Dad and the lessons he learned from his Dad. I am so thankful for the excellent examples that are being set for my sweet boys: I hope that they will grow up to be awesome Dads, like Troy.
I am thankful to have a wonderful brother who is also a great example to my boys--he is such a wonderfully patient Dad. I admire his parenting skills and the way he and his wife raise their children. I love watching my friends who are Dads raise their children and play with them.
I guess if I were to sum it all up, I'd have to just say: "HOORAY FOR DADS!"
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Hooray for Dads!
There's just something special about a real Dad. In my opinion, just because someone is a father, he isn't necessarily a Dad. Here's what I mean:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your list of things a great dad is. It was beautiful! Hurray for dads!
Post a Comment