I do not profess to be an amazing cook, chef, or baker... I do, however, have a love of food and good recipes. Remembering this, I share with you my most requested salad recipe: Girl Salad. Why do we call it "Girl Salad"? Well, this name stemmed from my mother-in-law who shares a love of "girl food" with me--salads. There are endless variations on this salad, but the dressing is pretty much what makes it a winner! The recipe makes a ton of salad, but it's usually gone after one dinner party.
Girl Salad
1 head purple cabbage, cleaned and thinly sliced
1 head Napa cabbage, green cabbage thinly sliced or large bag of spinach
2 hearts of romaine lettuce, thinly sliced or torn
1/4-1/2 white or purple onion, diced
1 package Ramen Noodles, oriental style, unprepared
*yummy add-ins: Mandarin oranges, olives, dried cranberries, chopped carrots, chopped cucumbers, bean sprouts, chopped pecans... get creative. Add whatever you like and makes it look pretty.
Put all veggies and fruit in a really big bowl. Crush Ramen noodles; remove seasoning packet, and add noodles to salad.
Dressing:
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 pkg. sugar substitute
seasoning packet from Ramen noodles
1 t. salt or garlic salt
pepper to taste
*juice from one lime, optional--and yummy!!!!!!
Blend dressing ingredients together with wire whisk, and pour over salad. Chill and enjoy!
3 comments:
You are the best! Thanks for the recipe - truly a yummy salad.
Though I am not a girl, I would eat it!
Thanks, Nate! I hope you'd like it; it's definately one of my favorites! I'll fix it for you sometime... :)
Post a Comment