This week has been really tough. There. I said it. This week has been a doozer.
Without going into gory details, I'll just say that our family has been tested to the point of craziness. It's just funny how life does that to you... when you need it the most. I am so thankful for the blessings that my sweet hubby and I received tonight. You see, on top of contractions and an oral surgery that I ended up having Tuesday, I've had complications from medication. To make things even harder here, it looks as if my sweet heart has gall stones and may need surgery. We will find out Thursday for certain.
Fortunately, several people have listened to promptings and helped out when I couldn't ask for help. I had a phone call today from the Kind Amy H. that meant the world to me. We had dinner brought to us by the Adorable Mandee Lue and her sweet hubby; boy was it DELICIOUS! I had a wonderful visit by the Darling Megan S.; it's always such a pleasure to have her around! Daniel B. and Michael H. gave my honey a Priesthood blessing and assisted my sweet heart give me a blessing tonight that helped ease our minds and hearts. I know that things will turn out the way they're supposed to and that He is aware of our family and our trials.
Today has been a big reminder that though life can throw you for a mega loop, there is always help available. We are never forgotten, we are never alone. I cannot wait until I have a chance to serve in return. I have learned so many lessons from the trials that our family's faced over the past 33 1/2 weeks. I have developed such a deep appreciation for answered prayers, for promptings of the Spirit, for friends who are true, for family that supports, and for blessings too numerous to count. I have been reminded of all the kind thoughts, acts of service, and prayers on our behalf. Dinner offers, visits, phone calls, packages in the mail, gifts, emails, texts... things that mean so much to our family and have been poured out in abundance over the past weeks. I know if I try to list all the acts of kindness and service, I will fail to thank everyone. It's been unbelievable and overwhelming in an amazing way.
Although there are some who think that blogging bliss is ridiculous; I just don't care. I feel so thankful for my blessings today, and feel like shouting it to the world! Thank you for being a part of life's journey with me. *hugs!*
7 comments:
I like it when people blog bliss :} It's uplifting and I appreciate it. I am so sorry your family has had such a trying week. You are in our prayers!
It is really inspiring to hear people that are positive during tough times. I've never been very good at knowing what people need, so please let me know if I can help in any way.
Oh, Steph! Joey just had gall bladder surgery, and he feels SO much better (and it only took him a few days to feel better, 10 days to fully recover). You had oral surgery, and all the usual Steph pregnancy stuff on top of it? You're so great. I just thought you should know. Thanks for your example!
Oh my gosh! When it rains, it pours! I am also sending my thoughts and prayers your way. Thank goodness for the priesthood. And, thanks for sharing your bliss.
Thank you AGAIN for your donations for our little baby! You are too sweet to spend time with us and I hope everything turns out ok with the gallstones and your little peanut and everything!
We love you Stephanie, and I hope you NEVER stop blogging blissfully so all of those whol need you right back can keep up with you! I'm glad the dinner was yummy; we sure had fun making it. The cookies were so good - we ate most of them on the way over to the hospital!!! Please tell Dot thanks for us. Love you, Stephanie!
I'm sorry to hear that the saga continues! Hopefully you guys are filling your quota for the decade so when the little one comes it can all be bliss. :)
Post a Comment