Our family has always enjoyed Easter as a special time of year. The Easter Bunny pulled a trick on us... and hid the kids' baskets! We awoke to one single package of lonely Peeps on the kitchen table and the buckets were missing. Our irritated children awoke us with "the Easter Bunny stole our buckets!!!" Yeah, that was hilarious! Obviously, they were eventually found in weird and wacky places in the kitchen.

Yakko was quite pleased to find peanut butter cups in his bucket.

Dot loved the flooding of pink and purple treats.

Wakko liked it all!

Early in the afternoon, Grandpa and Grandma came over for Easter dinner; we enjoyed ham, yams, cookie salad, green salad, and rolls. What a feast!
Grandpa and Grandma spent a good chunk of the afternoon dying eggs with the kids. It was especially nice and appreciated since neither my sweet heart or I were up to it. This is the stuff memories are made of! This was our kids' favorite part of the whole day!

Grandpa took pictures, too!

See? Getting a picture taken isn't the end of the world! It's actually a good thing... we have a photo to go with a memory! Wahoo!






After the cooked eggs were all dyed and dried, it was time to prepare for the big hunt. Grandma brought a bag full of filled eggs that the Easter Bunny had left at their house for our kids; my honey and I filled eggs too, resulting in plenty of loot for the kids. We had the kids play in the front yard while the adults had a ton of fun hiding dyed eggs, filled eggs, etc. in the back yard. This was my favorite part of the day because it reminded me so much of mega egg hunts at my grandparents' house when I was a little girl. Even as I reflect on those memories today, my eyes fill with tears. I am so grateful for my parents and grandparents giving me such fun memories...
Anyway, the kids had a blast trying to find eggs. Grandpa was extra tricky hiding eggs, and Grandma was hilarious! She kept the kids giggling and laughing all hunt long.

When all was said and done, the kids all had mega spoils from the hunt! The adults laughed ourselves silly, and we were all super ready for naps.



After the hunt, we decided it was time to go inside and rest. The doorbell rang, and Aunt T and Uncle Z came over! (I forgot to get pictures... so sad!) Aunt T told us about how awesome "Wicked" was (I am so jealous!), Uncle Z spent most the time on the back porch talking to his family in Miami, and we all just chilled for a while. We learned that T and Z hadn't eaten yet, so we pulled out the ham etc. from lunch with Grandpa and Grandma. After they'd finished up, it was decided that dessert needed to be served. We melted chocolate and dipped strawberries, bananas, and pretzels.
It was a very full and happy Easter for all! We hope your Easter was wonderful, too!
5 comments:
So fun!! Easter is just awesome. :^)
#1 Easter EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Dot
#1 Easter EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Dot
Mmmmm... Cookie salad. I forgot about that!
WOW!! I have been SO behind in my blog-reading, but I'm so glad to get caught up and to hear about your fun Easter adventures!! Your kids and their 'buckets' - love it! What adorable grandparents they have, too! Happy (late) Easter, Stephanie!
Post a Comment