The games at my baby shower were such fun that I figured they needed a little revisit. We played a candy bar game where we were given a list of phrases and had to decide which candy bar fit each situation. For example, "triplets" was "Three Musketeers". It was super creative and fun... but I won't spoil the answers by listing them!
The next game we played was "What's That Smell?". Amy had eight diapers with melted candy bars in them, and we had to guess which candy bar was in each diaper. Although it was pretty gross (sorry Steph J.!), it was super funny watching everyone sniff diapers. What a crack up! The sickest one to me was the Crunch Bar.... yikes!
We played a game where the ladies had to guess how big my belly was by cutting a piece of yarn to the size they estimated my circumference to be. Although Robyn's guess was only one inch off, Steph J. won in my eyes: her yarn was about 12 inches long. Yeah, I don't think I've EVER been that thin.
My favorite game was the "Problems and Solutions" game. Everyone was given two pieces of paper: one pink, one blue. The pink paper was for the ladies to write a post-pregnancy problem and the blue paper was for them to write the solution to the problem. Then we put the problems in one bag and the solutions in the other and drew a random paper from each bag. Following are the results:
Problem: Infection at c-section site
Solution: Burp baby
Problem: Screaming baby with hysteria at all hours of the night
Solution: antibiotics
Problem: Spitting up on a lovely little dress
Solution: Get a nanny
Problem: Croup
Solution: Ice cold air and a humidifier
(okay, so that one actually matched up)
Problem: Gas
Solution: Have Dad up every two hours for feeding
Problem: Post pardon depression
Solution: Send the kids with their dad for ice cream
Problem: Not getting enough sleep
Solution: Gripe water
Problem: Constipation
Solution: Give the baby to Aunt Tiffanie
Problem: Baby needs to burp
Solution: Give the baby to Aunt Tiffanie
(that's her solution to everything!)
Problem: Your baby cries all night
Solution: Put earplugs in and put your husband in charge
(yeah, he totally wouldn't go for that... but it would be fun!)
Problem: Baby wakes every two hours
Solution: Cover it
(yikes!)
Problem: Running out of diapers in the middle of the night
Solution: Husband very happy
("that don't make no sense!")
...and my personal favorite...
Problem: Boobs don't shrink
Solution: Send Troy out to get some more!
Thanks ladies for the fun games!
5 comments:
Those were fun games!!
That's so funny! I didn't realize there were so many great games! I love the one about the problem with gas... ha ha! :) it was a great baby shower!
That last game does sound like a riot. Thanks for posting these--I know where to go should I ever need one.
Those are too funny! I wish I could have been there ~ it sounds like it was a blast!!!
that was so funny! I'm glad you had a great shower :)
Post a Comment