Sunday, October 19, 2008

Flash Back to the 60's

Friday night, Troy and I had the great privilege of going out with two of our most favorite couples ever: Emily and Scott, and Wendy and Cortney. We went to the Olive Garden where I indulged in this:
Stuffed Chicken Marsala. We don't even want to know how many calories or grams of fat are in this baby. We don't even want to know.

After the fabulous stuffing of ourselves (how do I love Olive Garden's salad? Let me count the ways...), we hopped on over to the Rose Wagner Center to watch Imagine Choral Concert. It was such a great show!

Sterling Poulson was the conductor; since we were the second row from the stage, we had a chance to watch him in action. He was fantastic! One of the major highlights of the evening was when he talked to Dad a little bit. I loved it.

The music was all from the 60's, and so much fun! It was especially great watching the drummer: J. Michael Cottam. He was AWESOME!

5 comments:

Kendra said...

What a wonderful evening that must have been. Great friends, great food, great entertainment. Glad you got to do that !

Erica said...

Bro. Poulsen was the other conductor for the 24th of July concert in the Tabernacle I sang in. He was really fun to work with. :^)

Stephanie said...

So cool for you! He was lots of fun to see him in that element. :)

emily, etc, etc said...

It was such a blast! I didn't even realize you took a picture of your food. You are too darling! I hope to go out to lunch one of these days soon....

Stephanie said...

I didn't take a picture of the food: I borrowed one off good old Google images. :)