Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our Own Olympics

Dad had a business trip in Las Vegas on Monday and Tuesday; I've been feeling crummy. We put the two together, and made the best of both: a trip to visit his family in Hurricane, Utah!
We made the trek on Friday night (mere hours after learning of the business trip). We were warmly greeted by Dad's parents, brother, sister-in-law, and a niece. The kids opened their birthday gifts. Needless to say, they were a hit!After enjoying a delicious breakfast of pancakes and peaches, we went to see Dad's sister's cabin in Kolob, Zion National Park. It was amazing and huge!We enjoyed ourselves on the four wheelers, and Dad took a ton of gorgeous pictures. Here are a few samples.Dad and Uncle Tracey taught the boys how to shoot pellet guns and air rifles. They had a blast.
Dot and Cousin Stefani were practically joined at the hip! They played together all day.
We had our own little Olympic events:
board games
four wheelingarchery
hurdles
whacking each other with big q-tipsand eating.We had a great bbq experience, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves... and I have a sweet bruise on my arm to show my passion for my newest favorite sport: archery.

Sunday was spent eating a ton more food and socializing with more of the extended family. It was so nice. We went swimming Sunday night; it was a ball! However, sadness struck! I forgot to bring the camera. Bummer.

Monday, Dad was in Las Vegas working, so I spent the day with my in-laws. I love them so very much, and grew even closer to them this trip. Ella, my mother-in-law, is one of the most talented crafters I've ever met. She taught me a super fun, new to me, simple craft. I spent most of the day Monday (until 1:30 a.m.!) and all day Tuesday sewing, picking prizes, and giggling. Dot even managed to force herself to do crafts: her search and find bag for Kate turned out great! This was Dot's most challenging craft yet, and she actually enjoyed doing it! The kids were thrilled to play with their cousins; they really weren't into doing crafts, but rather loved watching t.v. and playing games all Monday and Tuesday.So, as you can tell, our Olympic sized weekend was a success! Thank you to my friends who were concerned when I was unreachable: now you know why!

P.S.
Melissa, you are amazing! My nose is clear, my breathing is great, and shopping is still the only thing that causes tears. Your love and kindness mean so much! Thank you!!!!!

4 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Glad you had a good weekend away. Fun to talk to you today. Have fun spoiling whatever or whomever you like tomorrow!

Mandee Lue said...

So glad you had the relaxing adventure you needed... and I'm HAPPILY glad you are feeling/doing/functioning better. You are so dear to my heart... thank you for all you do for me, so constantly. I love you!

The Clarks said...

Looks like a blast!!

Amy Maida Wadsworth said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Let me know if there is anything I can do to keep you happy! I miss you!