Thursday, January 10, 2008

Capitol Adventures

We had an adventure yesterday that was loads of fun... we visited the newly remodled Utah State Capitol Building.
The kids were fascinated by the art, the design, and the sites.
Dot was starstruck when she met the President of the Senate. Our future politician/ambassador was thrilled to get some personal advice from this wonderfully approachable President Steven Valentine, and was so much fun to watch the rest of the evening as she was so impressed.
Highlights definately were the Senate Chamber, the House Chamber, the Governer's Suite, and the Supreme Court Chambers. Who knew that my kids would get into politics and goverment so much? As for Dad, he was a great photographer. Maybe he has a career ahead of him? Some untapped talent for the lens? Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Nate said...

That sounds like it was a fun day! I loved visiting the capitol building in SLC when I was younger, oh yeah, and when I lived there...