I have the awesome opportunity to choreograph "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" this summer for Cottonwood Heights City. Rehearsals are going great; we have an amazing cast and awesome production team! Now all we need is a fabulous orchestra to join in! Here's the posting:
Pass the word on: Auditions for the PIT ORCHESTRA for the Cottonwood Heights production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat will be Thursday, July 8th from 7:30 PM until 10:00 PM at Cottonwood Heights Elementary (2415 E. Bengal Blvd. - approx 7800 S.) Come ready to play something you know. Good sight reading skills are desirable.
Here is a list of the instruments included in the score:
Flute
Clarinet
Alto Sax
Oboe
English Horn
French horn
Piano/Synthesizer
Guitar (Acoustic, Electric and 12-string)
Bass (Acoustic and Bass Guitar)
Drum set
Percussion (lengthy list of percussion instruments)
Violin (I and II)
Viola
Cello
We still would like to encourage those who play instruments different than those listed above to audition, with the understanding that I would have to write a part for them (and may not have the time - although I'd like to find a way to include as many interested people as I can). Also, please note that good sight reading skills are very important in the pit orchestra. We have limited rehearsal time. Thanks!
Good string players especially needed! Questions contact Thomas Baggaley (thomas@baggaleymusic.com).
No comments:
Post a Comment