Monday, June 29, 2009

Meet the Newest Members of My Family...

Some of you know that my dad was adopted. If you didn't before, well you do now. His adopted parents were wonderful people, and I love them forever! We do now have a new family to enjoy, get to know, and love in addition. You see, his birth mother contacted our family about six years ago, and it's been quite a journey since!

About six weeks ago my cousin (my dad's half sister's daughter) contacted me via phone call. She and I hit it off right away! Her darling sense of humor, personality, and charisma have made their way into my heart, and I am thrilled to know her. Her name is Porsia... she is an amazing woman and I look forward to a life long friendship with her! Her uncle (one of my dad's half brothers), Robert, and I have gotten to know each other a bit via email; it's crazy how much he reminds me of my dad! I love them already.

Porsia, her mother, and another of my dad's half sisters (Cathy) made the trek from Texas (where they live) to Oregon (where my dad's birth mother, Grandma Betty Lue) lives. Porsia was kind enough to send me some pictures from their visit; I hope you enjoy meeting my new family!

This is the whole family bunch who went to Oregon.


This is Cathy, Grandma, and Porsia's mom (LaRetta). Aren't they beautiful?

Here's Grandma, Porsia, and LaRetta! I can't wait to meet Porsia and LaRetta in person! We're shooting for a meeting next Spring. I can hardly wait!

This is Grandma giving LaRetta a snuggle. She's so sweet!

Thanks a million, Porsia, for the pictures! It's such a great adventure getting to know my "new family"! Making these new connections is great; you are fabulous!

4 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

Wow, Steph!! What an amazing adventure for your fam and you! My how life changes so unexpectedly, and sometimes so fabulously! WOW!

Tiffanie said...

Thanks for posting this... it's been fun connecting with new family

emily, etc, etc said...

Wow - what an amzing story and how fun to have new people to love!

It was good seeing you yesterday (was it yesterday or the day before, I am all mixed up).

Jena said...

crazy! That's so great that you all have hit it off...