Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dot!

Happy Birthday, Teenager!

I can't believe how quickly the last year has zoomed by! It seems as if it were mere weeks ago Dot was turning 12... and today she's turning 13!

Dot is an amazing girl, daughter, sister, niece, friend, dancer, babysitter, and granddaughter. In our family's tradition, here are the top 13 things I love about Dot (in no particular order):

1. Her smile is contagious! If someone is feeling at all down or blue, one smile from her darling face lights up the room and chases sadness away.

2. She has a very loving heart! Whether she's helping with Peanut, soothing Wakko after a bad dream, listening to Yakko talk, or assisting me with my craziness, Dot has a talent for loving so much that it shows on the outside. Any of you who know her well know this about her and love her for it, too!

3. Dot is super smart. She loves to expand her intellectual data base daily by reading, reading, and reading. Her love for education spills over into every part of her life; she'd watch educational programs or read all day long if time would allow it.

4. She is a terrific baker! There isn't a brownie, cookie, cake, or treat recipe she hasn't been able to tackle. She loves to make treats for people as a way to share her love for them.

5. Her happy eyes. Have you ever noticed how brilliantly her eyes sparkle when she smiles? I love looking into her dark brown eyes and see them dance. They say the eyes are the window to the soul; if this is true, her soul is always dancing!

6. Dot is sensitive to the needs of others and is keenly interested in their needs. It's never a question as to whether or not she will help someone... she is generally aware of the sensitive needs of others before anyone even asks for help!

7. She has an adorable sense of humor! Dot cracks jokes and can be super silly. She has a contagious laugh that brightens the world!

8. Her talents as a dancer. Watching her dance is like watching joy.

9. Dot is a peacemaker. It breaks her heart to see or hear contention, so she plays mediator a lot with her brothers. That takes a real talent! She can often find peaceable solutions to childhood conflict and everyone walks away happy.

10. She is a great friend. Dot's circle of friends includes people from one end of the state to the other. Every where she goes she makes new friends and openly accepts people into her heart.

11. Dot has self worth. She knows that she is a good, talented, and beautiful person without being at all conceited about it. I've always admired her to see herself for who she is and appreciate her qualities without having a big head about it.

12. She is very well rounded! Dot can fish, reload bullets, fix things with her Daddy, and garden with the best of them. In the same breath, she can dance ballet, tend a baby, prepare a meal, decorate a room, be glamorous, and be crafty. She isn't afraid to get her hands dirty, but she also loves a good mani/pedi!

13. Dot is very patient. In a world of instant access, rush hours, high speed, and business, Dot can be patient and wait. This quality is one I hope she never loses as the teen years come bounding upon her.

I feel blessed beyond words to have the honor of being Dot's mother! She is an amazing young woman whom I love and adore beyond any description.

Happy Birthday! Make it a great one!

8 comments:

Tiffanie said...

I second all of that! I love you Dot!

N Luthi said...

what a cute tribute! happy birthday dot!

Chatty Family said...

Happy Birthday! Wishing you the very best day! We love you and can't wait to see your teenaged-self!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Kenzi! We love you and have to agree that you are super beautiful and growing up way too fast! Much love! - Brad, Megan & Katelyn

Kenzalina Ballerina said...

Thank you!!!!!!!!



I love you!
~Dot

Robyn said...

Hey little birthday girl. I missed your birthday, I was at camp, then I forgot. So sorry. I hope your birthday was awesome!!! I can't believe you are a teenager now. Can't wait to see you again, hopefully soon.

emily, etc, etc said...

Happy Birthday Miss Dot! You are all those things your mama said about you....

Audrey Rock said...

Stephanie, your Kenzi is gorgeous! I'm sure you've already been told this, but you guys are going to be in trouble!