Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grandma Karen!


You know how when you're a kid and you and your buddies sit around and brag about whose mom is coolest? Although my friends have/had pretty awesome moms, I still think mine wins!

My mom taught me to cook, clean, budget, sew, and get those weird smells out of laundry. My mom also gave me a gift that I couldn't have received from anyone better: she taught me ballet. My mom taught me to love dancing, teaching, and learning. She taught me the value of each student and the value of preparation. I can truly say that I have the world's coolest mom!

Today is her birthday: I hope that it's a wonderful day, although a huge chunk of it will be spent in various airports. I hope that she likes her biggest gift: we should be finding out if our baby's a girl or a boy today. I know she's as excited and eager to know as I am!

Mom, I love you so much! Thank you beyond words for all that you have done and continually do for me and for my little family. I couldn't ask for a better example of what a wonderful, well rounded, talented, smart woman ever! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Your mother is a wonderful,talented, good woman.