Monday, May 12, 2008

Rehearsal Update

"Bye Bye Birdie" has been a long-time favorite show of mine, and I am so loving the opportunity to choreograph it! My friend from high school, Stephanie Johnson, is directing it; she just fabulous! It's been a blast getting to know the music director, Candice Jorgensen as well. Her talent simply amazes me. It's so nice to be good friends with the other people on the direction team; it makes life so grand!Our cast can be described in one word: WOW! I've be impressed week after week as rehearsals have occured. It's just so cool to see the efforts pay off.I think that my favorite part of the process thus far has been the friendships that have developed because of this show. I just ADORE so many people in the show, and especially have appreciated my friendships with some of the amazing cast members. Our "Rose" (Kate Lowder), "Kim" (Megan Smyth), and "Mrs. McAfee" (Emily Hill) are my new-found friends for life. I just love them so much! There are so many others that I've grown to love and appreciate... I feel so very blessed to have such good friends in the show!Kenzie has enjoyed this experience thus far, too! She's getting to know a bunch of the teens in the show, and has felt like she really has found her niche in life. Matthew and Jacob are also really enjoying this experience; I don't think this will be the last time they're on stage!

The show is going to be one that will be in my heart forever. I know it's going to be GREAT!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you, does your family still own the bumblebery inn and the theater down there?

Stephanie said...

Um... kinda. My Grandpa does. We live in West Jordan now.

Amy said...

well yes I know you are in West Jordan now! I just remember seeing your family's house down there and the restaurant and all. Every time we are down there I've wondered if your family was still running the place. Such a cute restaurant. And good pie!

Miss Megan said...

I feel so honored to be mentioned in your blog! Thanks again for hosting on Saturday -- I had a blast! And your choreography in Birdie is brilliant. I am so excited that I get to work with you, and I get to know you! You are darling, Miss Stephanie!