Please tell me that I am not the only person who, at 5:00ish, wonders "what am I fixing for dinner?". I am completely out of ideas tonight. Seriously... nothing at all is coming to mind. I can't do the old "lean to" (pizza) since we started Pizza Night Fridays a few months ago. Truly--no ideas whatsoever.
There are days that having a paid full-time job look appealing; only for the benefit of having someone else responsible for meal time. Today is one of those days. Maybe it would be nice to be obsenely wealthy so that my personal chef could decide what to have for dinner. Perhaps I could find a MWDKWTF meeting. You know the one: Moms who don't know what to fix. I could stand up, introduce myself, and confess that I have no idea what to prepare for our evening meal, and haven't for the last week. I've fallen off the band-wagon and am seeking support from moms who know what their families are eating! Then, one day when I'm on top of things, I could say "I'm Stephanie, and my family's eating ___________ tonight." That'd be great.
Meanwhile, the following is a list of what we're NOT eating for dinner:
1. peanut butter and jam sandwiches
2. tuna anything
3. dog food
4. pizza
Okay, that's all the food I can even think of. Looks like cold cereal wins.
1 comment:
you are the original Lee-la May...
We have had more success with evening meals if we paln them in advance. We do this on Saturday mornings before we go grocery shopping...
Love your blog!
Post a Comment